When you’re looking to convert the ordinary into extraordinary, try incorporating some romesco sauce. It’s packed with a punch of flavors that will have you wondering why you never made it before. Lately, I’ve been grilling plenty of chicken wings but when I don’t have time to marinate proteins, romesco has been a huge hit to throw together a delicious meal when you have a jar ready to go!
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 2 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 fresh tomatoes, lightly blanched and peeled
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, washed
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Lightly toast almonds until they are slightly golden brown. Transfer to food processor. Add all other remaining ingredients except oil and blend well, then slowly drizzle olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a jar. It can be refrigerated up to 7 days.
Served here with deep-fried wings and topped with creme fraiche, mint, and parsley.